Warning messageThe service having id "digg_smart_button" is missing, reactivate its module or save again the list of services.
Mobility & Touring in East Africa
Art Moves Africa (AMA) proudly presents "Mobility & Touring in East Africa", a pilot study on mobility and touring in the East African region. It comprises two distinct studies:
1. The first study covers Mobility and Touring in the East African Performing Arts scene. Commissioned in 2011, it was implemented by Hildegard Kiel.
2. The second study covers Mobility and Touring in the East African Visual Arts scene. Commissioned in 2012, it was implemented by Danda Jaroljmek.
Since its establishment in 2005, Art Moves Africa has worked on sponsoring and developing artistic mobility within the African continent. By conducting regular evaluations and amassing statistics on the applications received and the grants allocated to African cultural practitioners, AMA has succeeded in developing its interventions as a grant-making organization and in identifying persisting needs within the African artistic mobility sector.
The objective of the research was to identify the main actors involved in the performing arts and visual arts fields in East Africa and to analyse the importance and frequency of artistic mobility from that geographical area towards the rest of the African continent.
With the support of AMA and partners in the region, and through interviews carried out in situ, the research led to the production of two 3-part publications, which present:
· The identification and mapping of available infrastructure and human resources;
· The identification and analysis of opportunities and major obstacles to mobility in East Africa;
· The proposal of feasible and practical solutions for the implementation of mobility.
The two studies are available in e-book format for online viewing on issuu and for download in PDF format.